Updated: Apr 20, 2020
MAKES 1 PORTION
• Mung beans 100g • Pumpkin peeled and diced 20g • Carrot diced 20g • Asparagus diced 20g • Long beans 20g • Onion 20g • Garlic 3g • Coconut mil 200ml • Truffle oil 5ml (Optional) • Olive oil 10ml (Optional) • Spring onion for garnish • Pinch of sea salt • Pinch of pepper
1. Soak mung beans overnight and drain the water before cooking. Add fresh water and cook them for about an hour until they become soft.
2. In another pan bring coconut oil to simmer and add the cooked mung beans, garlic, onion, pumpkin, carrot, asparagus and long beans. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften
3. Add salt, truffle oil, olive oil, and black pepper
4. Put the risotto in a bowl and garnish with spring onion.
Recipe from Kamalaya Wellness Retreat