Makes 4 - 6 tortillas
3 cups chopped sweet potato
1 cup green capsicum
1 cup red capsicum
1 cup diced onion
2 cups chopped kale
8 large tomatoes
7 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp ginger
1 cup Black beans/Adzuki beans (soaked for 8 hours and pressure cooked)
1 green chilli chopped (can be adjusted according to taste)
1 tbsp olive oil
6 small tortillas (try to use sprouted grain tortillas, or make your own with cornmeal)
7 tsp of fajita seasoning
1/2 cup of vegetable stock
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (optional)
For the Filling
1. Add green chilli and 2tbsp of onions to a hot pan with olive oil, sauté until soft.
2. Add the chopped sweet potato and cover with a lid, cook until the sweet potato softens
3. Add 1/2 tbsp of salt and 3tsp fajita seasoning. Add the chopped kale and sauté for 2-3 minutes until kale softens then add the cooked beans and mix well. Add thyme, rosemary, basil, and ground black pepper. Keep aside for later.
For the sauce
1. Roast tomato and garlic over fire until charred, wait for tomatoes too cool then peel skin off, grind the tomatoes, garlic, and ginger in a food processor to make a paste.
2. In a pan add 2tbsp vegetable stock, add 4 tbsp of fajita seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 1 minute
3. Add the remaining chopped onions and cook till transparent, add in green and red capsicum, sauté for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and boil until till desired consistency is reached (slightly thick, not too watery) if it is too thick you can add more vegetable stock.
1. Take the tortillas and place the some filling in the center, roll it up to make a long roll (like a burrito). Repeat for all 6 tortillas.
2. Arrange the tortillas in a baking dish, top the tortillas with the sauce and add Mexican shredded cheese if wanted, bake in the oven at 170ºC for 10-15 minutes
3. Serve with sour cream