Updated: May 7
Here are our best kid recipes! Be very careful if using a knife to slice vegetables, and make sure you get help or supervision from an adult.
All ingredients should be the best quality you can get. Look for organic, local, and unrefined or unprocessed ingredients. If there are lots of words that you can’t read or understand in the ingredients, it probably means that there are a lot of chemicals in the food; try to stay away from these items. Use free-range or cage-free organic eggs whenever possible.
Easy Green Salad
6 handfuls of greens
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Dressing: 3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
pinch of salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine all vegetables and sunflower seeds.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk; pour over salad.
Maple Glazed Carrots
3 or 4 carrots
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Peel and slice the carrots into rounds.
2. Place them in a skillet with the water. Cover and cook for 6 to 7 minutes until soft.
3. Add the maple syrup, butter and vinegar. Sauté uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
Baked Sweet Potato French Fries
5 sweet potatoes
1/8 cup olive oil
pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and then cut the potatoes to look like french fries.
3. In a large baking pan, combine the sweet potatoes with the oil and salt.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until brown and crispy!
Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe is more involved than the other recipes, so be sure to have someone help you!
8 ounces macaroni
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3-1/2 cups milk or non-dairy alternative
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
3/4 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1-1/2 cups grated raw cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni according to package directions.
3. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
4. Melt butter in a large saucepan, add the flour and mustard and cook over low heat for 2
to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Add milk slowly while whisking to remove any lumps.
6. Remove from heat and add cheese. Add salt, pepper and macaroni, stir to
combine and pour into a greased baking dish.
7. In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs, herbs and oil. Sprinkle over macaroni and
8. Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
4 whole wheat, sprouted grain or corn tortillas
1 can black beans
1 can refried beans
2 cups cooked brown rice
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, diced
romaine lettuce, chopped
parsley or cilantro, chopped
1. Arrange all of the ingredients so that everyone can make up their own burrito. Feel free to include other items, such as avocados or salsa.
1-1/2 cups carob semisweet chips
2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2/3 cup agave nectar or 1-1/4 cup date sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. In a small bowl, melt carob chips in microwave for 2 minutes. Or place carob chips in a heat-resistant bowl on top of a boiling pot of water until melted.
2. In blender or food processor, combine chickpeas and eggs.
3. Add sweetener, baking powder and melted chips; process until smooth.
4. Pour batter into an approximately 9-inch nonstick pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
6. Allow to cool; cut and serve.
These are surprisingly delicious, and nobody will be able to guess that they are made from chickpeas!